Take time in the present to visit the past at the Fort Lupton City Museum located in the heart of our community.
Historians and genealogy researchers appreciate our extensive archives of family histories, cemetery records, business documents and photos as far back as the 1800’s.
Permanent displays include a vast collection of arrowheads, natural artifacts, commercial and industrial mementos.
The Fort Lupton Museum started in September 1982. At first it was housed in one room of the then newly built City Hall. One of the main attractions was the large arrowhead collection donated by Ralph Haynes. By 1993, the Museum Committee members, headed by town historian Nancy Penfold, had received and collected more artifacts than the one room could hold. The perfect solution for the museum collection was to move it across the street to the lovely old historic Andrew Carnegie style library building. The old public library was built in 1929 by architect John J. Huddart. Mr. Huddart had built numerous prominent structures in Denver at the time and throughout Colorado. The Fort Lupton City Museum building was one of his last works, before he passed away in 1930 at the age of 74. The Fort Lupton City Museum building was designated a Historic Structure by the City of Fort Lupton on March 13, 1996.
It is the mission of the Fort Lupton City Museum to protect, promote and presersve historical artifacts, data, public records and teaching materials that pertain to Fort Lupton's heritage and history of our surrounding area, also to facilitate the education and enrichment of the lives of our citizens, their families and visitors, through interpretive, interactive exhibits, displays and activites.