Mobile Food Vending License & Solicitor’s/Peddling License Instructions.

Mobile Food Vendors License

As a Mobile Food Vendor, food and snacks can be sold from one place to the next; however, you must first obtain a Business License; submit approval from the health department, and obtain the required inspections from the Fort Lupton Fire Protection District. Food truck

All Mobile Food Vendors are allowed in all non-residential zoning districts subject to the following:

  • Operation in parks with permanent concession facilities is prohibited when concessions are in operation; the separation and zoning requirement doesn't apply during special events. 
  • Licenses must be kept with the mobile retail food establishment or pushcart and presented to City officials upon request. 
  • Operations are responsible for maintaining trash receptacles and shall maintain all areas used for food vending in a safe, clean, and attractive condition. 
  • Mobile retail food establishments and pushcarts must be removed from any site at the end of each business day (unless otherwise approved). 
  • The operator must obey all parking and traffic laws. 
  • Mobile retail food establishments and pushcarts must not obstruct pedestrian or bicycle access/passage and must not obstruct parking lot circulation or impede traffic flow. 
  • Structures, canopies, tables, or chairs are not permitted to be set up around the mobile retail food establishment or pushcart.
  • Operators must dispose of all waste in accordance with Weld County Health Department regulations

Business License Application (PDF)

Peddlers Sales License Required.

The Fort Lupton Municipal Code states it is unlawful for any person to engage in the sales practices described below before obtaining a sales license from the City Clerk.

Selling or offering for sale or taking orders for any goods, wares, merchandise, commodities, magazines (except newspapers), or services from or upon any street, alley, sidewalk, park, or property owned or controlled by the public or by the City. Selling or offering for sale or taking orders for any goods, merchandise, commodities, magazines, toys or services, to residents, by any person going to a residential house or houses, or residential building or within a residential apartment or condo building, without the express invitation of an established customer at the residence of contact.

Vendors of meat and seafood products engaging in the foregoing sales practices must to obtain a license, and while engaging in the sales practices have a current Weld County Health Department Certificate of Inspection for the product being sold.

Any person desiring to engage in any of the sales practices set forth in Section 6-6 shall make an application in writing to the City Clerk with the applicant's background information contained therein, and before a license is issued, shall file with the Clerk a bond in the sum of five hundred dollars ($500.00) running to the City for the benefit of all citizens who may be contacted by the person to hold the license. Each person to be engaging in the practices in Section 6-6 must provide applicable background information and must be named on the bond posted, as it may be amended from time to time.


  • Application
  • Background Information (fingerprints)
  • Application Fee $50/person
  • License Fee $50/person
  • Business License $25
  • Bond ($500) 
  • Letter from Business acknowledging employment and representation.

Solicitor's/Peddlers License Application (PDF)